Wednesday 27 January 2016

My Favourite Places to Read...

Hello, readers! I hope that this merry Wednesday finds you happy and well. Today I thought I would write a bit of a different post, about my favourite places to read! Of course, as I am a thoroughly lazy person there is nothing better than lying in bed all day and reading (but obviously, don't tell my mum that), but there are also a multitude of places where I like to pick up my favourite book, and spend a relaxing hour or two reading the day away :)

So, without further ado, let's get to it!

1. By my window.

On some days it takes me a good while to properly wake up, so reading first thing in the morning is a must for me. It allows me to wake up slowly and have a nice chilled out morning. In my bedroom at university the light is quite good in the morning, and although the view is horrible I have a friendly potted plant named Steve perched on my windowsill to make the view a little bit better.

2. On the sofa in front of the fire.

After lunch or in the evenings there is nothing nicer than curling up on the sofa in front of a roaring fire with a good book. In Cornwall when it is cold and raining outside I love to sit on the sofa in front of the fire and finish my current read. Bliss.

3. On the bus/tube/train.

A lot of my friends can't read while travelling as it makes them sick, and I thank my lucky stars everyday that this is not an impediment that affects me. I always have a massive TBR of books I need to read to review or for my university studies, so I have to always try and fit in as much reading as possible during my day. Therefore, reading while on the go means I keep myself entertained and I am tackling that towering TBR pile!

4. In a coffee shop.

As I have said a million and one times before, I LOVE COFFEE. Therefore, what better place to read than in a coffee shop, with a steaming mug of goodness sitting by my side, putting the world to rights? It is well known that I work/read better in slightly noisy places (weird, I know) so therefore a coffee shop environment with a constant hum of chatter works perfectly for me.

5. On the beach.

I know a lot of people consider themselves to be beach readers, but I take this to the extreme. I.e, in the bitter cold of winter. But there is seriously nothing better than reading a book on the beach, with the perfect view of the sea in front of you, towering cliff faces, and the smell of sea salt in your nostrils. Reading my favourite book on the beach is probably my idea of heaven.

I hope you've enjoyed this blog post- it's a little bit different to the stuff I normally post! I'd love to hear the places where you normally read- let me know down below in the comments or on my social media :)

Twitter- https://twitter.com/long_alix
Instagram- http://instagram.com/alix_long
Huffington Post- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alix-long/
Goodreads- https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4...

Movellas- http://www.movellas.com/user/alix


Until next time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment